There are many functions that can be done here, concerning user configuration. Created users can be viewed, modified, deactivated or re-activated. Identifications, such as cards, fingerprints, PIN or license plate numbers, can be assigned or removed from the user.
Automatic notifications can also be configured on this tab, which will send a notification (SMS, e-mail, HTTP) after certain events are generated. Automatic notification license is required for this function to work.
By default, an Admin user (Admin Admin) is created in CredoID, with whom first logins to the software can be made. This user cannot be disabled nor removed, will always have User type set as Administrator and its User name for login purposes set as „admin“.
User List panel
On the list panel, configured users are displayed, as well displays how many identifications are selected and how many there are in total. Also, it is possible to review information of the selected users, by hovering over a user.
From this panel, users can be created and added to the list, as well can be deactivated or re-activated. Also, automatic notifications can be configured from this panel.
In Details panel, user information is divided to 4 sub-panels:
• Employee. User configuration settings.
• Identification. For adding or removing assigned credentials for the user.
• Intruder detection. For specifying security profiles for the user. This function is deprecated.
• Billing. For billing information.
After selecting a user from the List panel or by creating a new one, users information is showed on this panel. Here, user configurations can be made, such as details about the user, its location or what access levels it has, expiration date and much more. To create a user, 3 main fields has to be filled: Family name, First name and Location. Other fields are not mandatory to be able to save user settings.
User photo configuration
A user photo is not mandatory while creating a user. A user photo aspect has to be 3:4. If the added photo has a different aspect than 3:4, it will fit the photo with the default aspect.
General user information
• Family name. Users family name. This field is required to be filled in.
• First name. Users first name. This field is required to be filled in.
• Middle name. Users middle name.
• Phone & Secondary phone. Users phone numbers.
• Send SMS (button). Located at the right side of Phone & Secondary phone fields. Opens up a window, where it is possible to send a SMS message to a phone number. Note, that Automatic notifications license and a presence of a modem is required for the feature to work. Additional configuration settings have to be configured in the Settings tab, under Notifications module.
• E-mail. Users e-mail address. An email address must be: [symbols]@[symbols].[symbols≤6] (example: YourEmail1@domen.com). Multiple e-mail address can be assigned to a user, by separating them with a comma.
• Send E-mail (button). Located at the right side of Send E-mails field. Opens up a window, where it is possible to send an e-mail message manually. Note, that Automatic notifications license is required and e-mail notification settings have to be configured in the Settings tab, under Notifications module.
• Messenger. Additional field, which is used to indicate different ways of communicating with the user.
• Department. Select a configured department. Departments are created, modified or removed in the Department configuration window, which is reachable by clicking on Department configuration button, located on the right side of the Department field.
• Company. Select a configured company. Companies are created, modified or removed in the Company configuration window, which is reachable by clicking on Company configuration button, located on the right side of the Company field.
• Title. Select a configured title. Titles are created, modified or removed in the Title configuration window, which is reachable by clicking on Title configuration button, located on the right side of the Title field.
• Employee number. Users unique employee number. It is not possible to enter an employee number that is already entered on another user.
User locations and access levels
• Locations. Assign location(s) to a user. At least 1 location has to be assigned to a user to be able to save settings. "Main office" is the default system location, so you do not have to do any additional setup for a system with one location only.
• Access level. Assign access levels to a user. Assignable access levels depend on assigned location(s) to the user. By default, it is allowed to select Everywhere or Nowhere access levels per location. By assigning any of the default access levels (Everywhere or Nowhere), it will remove all of the access levels (from that location) in the process that are assigned to the user. Validity of the access level is displayed near the assigned access levels.
• Access level configuration (button). This button is located on the right side of assigned access levels in the Access level field, which opens Access level configuration window.
• Extended access (checkbox). When a credential is presented by the user on the reader that has Extended access enabled, the door will operate using the Extended time, rather than the Strike time. The time interval depends on the door configuration.
• Activation date. Indicates the date and time when the user starts to be active. By default, when a user is created, Activation date is set the moment it was created.
• Expiration date. Indicates the date and time when the user expires. By default, a user does not have an expiration date when created, it is set as “No date has been set”. When clicked on the field, it will generate an expiration date and time the moment when it was done. Note, that expired users are moved to deactivated state.
User type and login configuration
User type identifies user’s permissions when the user is logged in to CredoID, such as: what menu tabs are enabled, if a user can read or edit fields. By default, when a user is created, it is given a built-in User type “User”, which has very limited permissions. Only the built-in admin user (Admin Admin) has a default User type “Administrator” and it is unchangeable.
When a user is created, it does not have login credentials. User login credentials are created in Login details configuration window. Only built-in admin user (Admin Admin) has a built-in login credentials (User name: admin; Password: admin). Its User name is unchangeable, but Password is configurable. It is recommended to change the password for the Admin Admin user when CredoID is installed for security reasons.
• User type. Indicates a User type that is assigned to user. By default, User type “User” is assigned to a user when it is created. There are already built-in User types that can be assigned to users: Administrator, System operator, User, User administrator and Visitor. User types can be created in User types configuration window.
• Configure user types (button). Located on the right side of the User type field. Opens User type configuration window, where user types can be viewed, created, modified or removed. There are built-in user types which are used on every location and can be viewed, but cannot be modified nor removed.
Time & attendance type and additional information
On this section, Time & attendance type can be selected for a user, as well additional information can be written down, which will be displayed on the events.
• T&A type. Indicates what type of time & attendance type a user uses. The type indicates which schedules it will use for T&A calculations. There are two types:
o Simple. Uses schedules from Schedule tab. A schedule is selected from Work schedule field.
o Advanced. Uses schedules from Time and Attendance tab. When this type is assigned to a user, the user can be seen in the Time and attendance tab, where schedules can be assigned to him.
• Work schedule. Assign a schedule, that are from Schedules tab, to a user. This field only appears if T&A type is selected as Simple.
• Additional field #1 & #2. Information fields, that can be displayed on events. Only 60 symbols can be entered in the field.
• Additional field #3. Information field, that is only displayed on User tab.
Identifications, such as cards, fingerprints, PIN numbers and license plate numbers can be created and added to a user in Identification sub-panel. When creating identifications, they are placed in sets, containing one of each identification and called “ID set [number]”. Identification or a full set can be removed by clicking on “Remove” button.
It is required to start identification set with PIN, in case it is used with other identifications on a single set.
If there are fields that are not filled in, but they required to be, additional identifications cannot be added until those fields are filled in or the identification is removed.
Card can either be added manually or by scanning it from a device. Configured cards cannot be modified, only can be printed out or removed.
• Card format. Indicates the card format, which is either assigned automatically when a card is added by scanning from a device or is manually set adding a card manually. By default, there are many built-in card formats, but only 4 are enabled by default: 26, 32, 47 and 56-bit formats. Additional formats can be enabled in Card formats window.
• Configure card format (button). Opens Card formats window, where card formats can be viewed, created, modified or removed. By default, there are many built in card formats that can be used, but they are not editable nor they can’t be removed, only enabled or disabled.
• Facility code. Indicates the cards facility code number. This field is not displayed if a card format does not have facility codes configured. After entering facility code, hex code is generated/updated. The maximum facility code number that can be entered is the 2x, where x stands for the number of bits that are assigned to it (8 bits assigned, in total 255 numbers starting from 0).
• Number. Indicates the cards number. After entering a card number, a hex code is generated/updated. The maximum card number that can be entered is the 2y, where y stands for the number of bits that are assigned to it (8 bits assigned, in total 255 numbers starting from 0).
• Get number from scanner (button). Button located on the right side of Number field. By clicking on this button, it will open Scanning card window. In the Scanner field, a device is selected that can scan cards and scanning process starts. After a successful scan, the window closes and the card information will be saved automatically. If there is an error or a timeout, a warning message is displayed and the window is closed.
• Select a number from the list of unused cards (button). Button located on the right side of Number field. By clicking on this button, it will open Unused cards window. Here, unused cards can be added to the user. Unused cards are generated after an unregistered card is scanned by a device and it is registered in the Monitoring tab. By adding a card from the list, the window closes and the card information will be saved automatically.
• Hex code. Cards hex number, which is sum of a facility code and card number. While writing a Hex code, it will constantly update Facility code and Card numbers. It is not recommended to fill in Hex code first while a card format has a facility code as it might generate incorrect numbers.
• Design. Select a card design for a card, that are configured on Card design tab.
• Print card (button). Located on the right side of the Design field. After selecting a card design from Design field, a configured design can be printed on the card. After clicking on the button, it will open an review image (as .xps file) of the card with the implemented information (First name, Family name, Card number…), depending on the configured design. After that, printing can be done.
To add a fingerprint, a fingerprint scanner is required to be connected to CredoID or if it is a USB fingerprint scanner, it only has to be connected to the system. It is possible to add 2 fingerprint templates per fingerprint identification.
Trigger duress alarm (checkbox). By checking this box for a fingerprint template, when that fingerprint is registered in the system, it will generate an alarm. This should be placed only on 1 fingerprint template per fingerprint identification.
If an error appears during a fingerprint scan, the scan will be canceled and the Scanning fingerprint window will close. Scanning might instantly fail either when opening Scanning fingerprint window or by selecting a device. This can happen due of these reasons:
• Unstable connection with the device.
• The device is disabled.
• Hardware issues.
A PIN identification is entered for a user. The PIN numbers are written in the PIN and Reenter PIN fields. The maximum length of a PIN number can only be 6 digits.
Settings are not allowed to be saved if PIN numbers in the PIN and Reenter PIN fields are entered incorrectly or the entered PIN number is already registered in the database.
License plate identification
While configuring license plate identification, Plate number and Matching rule are the main fields that has to be configured, while other fields are informational.
• Plate number. The license plate number of a vehicle. If a license plate number is entered that is already registered in the database, it will open a window, displaying to which user the license plate number is assigned to and if an override should be made. Maximum length of a Plate number is 10 symbols.
• Matching rule. Indicates a matching rule for the license plate.
• Make. Car manufacturer name.
• Model. Car model name.
• Color. Cars color.
Billing information for the user is described here. This information is presented in the Billing reports.
• Contact number. Indicates users contact number.
• Contract date. Indicates the date when the users had signed the contract. This opens a calendar where a date is selected.
• Payment condition. Payment conditions can be described here.