Quick start guide
CredoID in an innovative access control software and has been designed with the goal of providing a simple and at the same time highly effective interface to enable users of all level to have a complete control over the system. This quick start guide will provide steps for quick access control system setup, including user management, access rights, schedules and reports.
All the steps
Run CredoID software and enter login information and press "Login".
- login: admin
- password: admin
Note: it is highly recommended that you change the default administrator password at your earliest convenience. You can do it by pressing on a key icon near "User type" field on Users tab. Make sure you store your password in a secure place, as administrator rights grant high level permissions for managing the whole system.
Create New User
These steps describes basic user management: create new user, grant access rights for the user and users activation and deactivation.
- Open "Users" tab and press "Create New Item" button ().
- Enter User "Family name" and "First name". These fields are required.
- Select "Access Level". There are two default options: "Always" (user can access anytime) and "Never" (user never can access). Custom Access level can be created at "Access Levels" tab.
- Select user activation and expiration date. By default, user is activated with creation and has no expiration date.
- For deactivating/activating user, press "Activate/Deactivate user" button.
These steps provide information about how to add identification for user and how to use different identification types.
- At "Identifications" tab, select user identification type (card, fingerprint, face-print, PIN, license plate). Depending on your access control system, choose identification type.
Card information can be added by pressing "Scan" () or unused cards () which are already in the system. You can also add card by providing card number manually. Scan and unused cards functions depend on controller type, so it may not be available. Card number field is required.
- Fingerprint information can be added by pressing "Add new Item" button ().
- Select scan device and scan new identification.
- PIN number can be assigned for the user.
- Press "Save" button to save identifications.
At "Schedules" tab, schedules can be created and used at access levels.
- Open Schedules tab and press "Create New item" button ().
- Enter Schedule name. This field is required.
- Select time interval at day of the week, by dragging green arrows or enter time manually.
- Press "Save" button.
At the "Access Levels" tab it is possible create access levels for users, select which schedule will be assigned for access level and which door the user can access. If a user does not have an active / valid access level, he/she will not be able to enter the premises, event if the credential is valid.
- Open "Access Levels" and press "Create New Item" button ().
- Enter access level name. This field is required.
- Assign schedule for access level. Custom schedule can be created at "Schedules" tab.
- Press "Add Door" and select which doors can be accessed using this access level.
- Press "Save".
In the monitoring tab, all type of events can be monitored. If specific events need to be filtered, filter can be created and applied.
Open "Monitoring" tab and select "Events". It will show unfiltered events from the controllers.
- Press "Edit Filter" button ().
- Press "Create New Item" button ().
- Enter filter name. This field is required.
- Select filters which is applied to "Events" list. Important: if at least one filter will not have any events, entire events tab will be empty.
- Press "Save" Button ().
- Press "OK".
- Apply created filters to events list.
At "Reports" tab various reports can be generated, custom templates can be applied and saved for faster repeated report generation.
- Select and apply saved template for easier repeated report generation.
- Select "Reports" tab and press "Create New Item" button ().
- Enter name for report template. This field is required.
- Select report interval and fields that appear in the report.
- Select filters for the report. Important: if at least one filter does not have any events, entire report will be empty.
- Press "Save template" button.
- Press "Generate report" button.